Whether you're planning an elaborate ceremony or have no plans at all, I can make your wedding memorable.
BASIC requirements for marriage ceremony
- A marriage license, available at any County Clerk's office for $35 - $37 (depending on county)
- Photo IDs of the persons to be married
- Photo IDs of 2 additional witnesses (witnesses can be provided for an additional fee)
Once the license has been issued and the parties are assembled, the Justice of the Peace can solemnize the marriage. Marriage licenses are valid for 30 days after issuing; if the ceremony is not performed within 30 days the license will expire and you will have to purchase another marriage license.
legal requirements for marriage license
- Applicants must apply for the license together.
- Both must be 18 years old or older. Those age 16 or 17 must meet additional requirements.
- There is no waiting period, blood test, or physical requirements.
- The marriage license is valid for 30 days, including the date issued.
- The marriage license is valid anywhere in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Both must present an acceptable form of ID, such as a driver's license, government issued picture ID, original birth certificate, passport, or social security card.